Thursday, August 19, 2010

Ms. Pigg, intro

It was a dark and stormy night when Ms. Pigg woke up from her nap, and her cable went out. She was so bored that she decided to play her sousaphone in the lobby of watershed heights. With her instrument case open wide on the floor, she was waving to people that passed by. If nobody walked by within 30 minutes she would stroll around town playing her sousaphone. Wherever there was a crowd of people on the side of the street she would stop, play, and open up her sousaphone case for tips.
Ms. Pigg wandered to the records store with her sousaphone, umbrella, and sousaphone case. She was trying to buy the new "Islands" cd because the reviews have been really good. Luckily she got the last copy and ran straight home to listen to it. After she heard every song three times she walked back downstairs to the lobby. Once there she played and waved to people walking by.

6 comments:

  1. And did I tell you that as soon as I got off the school bus today, I had to head to see Ms Pigg for my weekly sousaphone lesson? I really actually like the sousaphone (believe it or not!). Ms. Pigg is really a bore though. Sometimes, if I play well, she allows me to watch tv. However, not today because of the bad storm we had last night; it turned off her cable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Time: 11:30 am
    Location: Watershed Heights Lobby
    Temperature: 23° Celsius
    Humidity: 24%

    There's some crazy woman being eaten by an instrument in the lobby. I don't care if she waves at me, I'm not going to wave back. She could be unstable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. On Brian's way through the lobby he spots a gorgeous woman playing sousaphone. She sounds fabulous. Brian wishes he could toss her some change but not really because he wants all his change for himself. He rushes out the door to avoid any awkward encounters. He is nearly out the door when he slips and falls flat on his face.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Earlier in the day a swinish-looking woman came by and asked me if I was lost. I said, quite simply, "Yes." The swinish-looking lady looked a bit like she didn't know how to respond. I thought she looked quite swinish. I would never say such a thing, of course, but my thoughts are my own. Finally, she said, "My name is Ms. Pigg." I snorted. Oh the irony of life. The "parallelism." Attempting to hide my giggles, I said in a flat voice, "Nice to meet you. My name's Leeroy."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Manon walked past Ms. Pigg and her sousaphone, her feelings of superiority could be felt from eight floors up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oscar sauntered over to a newspaper stand in hope of some kind of revelation. The bold date of August 25th, 2007 stared blankly back at him from the corner of the newspaper. Oscar could not believe what he was seeing and desperately felt a sudden dry and putrid taste in his mouth. He was quickly distracted by the sound of a damned sousaphone echoing throughout the lobby. Oscar's head was so close to splitting from his voyage to the future that he almost went over to kill the idiot playing the sousaphone across the way, but then he remembered the awful taste in his mouth and went out of the apartment building in search of package.

    ReplyDelete